[OpenBIOS] Allow building on Mac OS X

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:19:12 CEST 2015

On Apr 14, 2015, at 1:11 AM, Cormac O'Brien wrote:

>> I downloaded a cross compiler that was made to make ppc elf binaries. I
>> don't think there is an Apple supplied ppc elf cross compiler.
>
> I'd suggest building your own binutils and gcc, it doesn't take too long and
> usually works a bit better.

It is such a pain to build gcc. I think it used up an entire day when I built gcc 4.9.
That is an experience I hope never to repeat. Plus the cross compiler I downloaded
works just fine, so there isn't really a need.

>>> (Unless others here think it's OK to depend on bash instead.)
>> Come on people, switch to bash. It's better. What would we miss if we did
>> switch to bash?
>
> I think there are probably quite a few people on tcsh or zsh. sh is virtually
> guaranteed, bash is not.

Your saying there are computers out there without bash? It sounds hard to
believe. Bash is such a popular shell. Even Cygwin comes with bash. If
bash is such a problem, then I guess I could use awk or something else
to do the work I need. I'm not honestly concerned with the theoretical. Is there
a unix-like system out there that doesn't come with bash that OpenBIOS is
expected to support?