[OpenBIOS] Allow building on Mac OS X

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Mon Apr 13 21:58:12 CEST 2015

Hello,

I've seen your patches on the OpenBIOS mailing list, here are some
comments.

* instead on disabling -Werror completely you may want to try
-fno-strict-aliasing (and if possible only set it for the file which
exhibits this problem but I'm not sure how to do that with the used build
system). The usb driver came from coreboot and probably had this problem
there already but I did not see these warnings. It may be a peculiarity of
your compiler or build environment.

* At least on OS X 10.9 /bin/sh is the same as /bin/bash and
/usr/bin/uname -m returns x86_64 (the same as I get on Linux) so these
changes should not be needed. (I did not check on older versions though.)
Are you running a 32 bit OS and compile for 64-bit target on that? Or do
you have another version of these commands in your path overriding the
system provided ones?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan