[OpenBIOS] Some SPARC32 Patches

Olivier Danet odanet at caramail.com
Thu Jan 30 22:55:50 CET 2014

Hello !

Here are a few patches for QEMU and OpenBIOS, about SPARC32, grouped
into two
diffs:

OpenBIOS : http://temlib.org/pub/openbios_nn.diff
QEMU     : http://temlib.org/pub/qemu_nn.diff

Changes:

OpenBIOS
* SparcStation10/20 mode fix (drivers/iommu.c, drivers/sbus.c)

- TCX properties     (drivers/tcx.fs)
- next-property      (forth/device/property.fs)
- Keyboard property  (drivers/escc.c)

+ Memory allocation/deallocation (arch/sparc32/lib.c,
arch/sparc32/ofmem_sparc32.c,
                                   libopenbios/ofmem_common.c,
arch/sparc32/romvec.h)
+ a.out file loading (libopenbios/aout_load.c)
+ Dummy TICK counter (arch/sparc32/romvec.c)
+ Interrupt/Timer properties (include/drivers/drivers.h,
forth/device/property.fs,
                               drivers/obio.c)

QEMU
- TCX Hardware acceleration : Blitter, Stippler, HW cursor
(hw/display/tcx.c,
hw/sparc/sun4m.c)
- "!TC on DATA XFER" warning under NetBSD (hw/scsi/esp.c)
+ Timer Run/Stop bit correction (hw/timer/slavio_timer.c)

TCX emulation with acceleration seems good enough, although it is
incomplete and
it is probably impossible to implement the 24bits mode accurately and
efficiently in QEMU.

I will post each patch separately on the two mailing lists. TCX patches
should be synchronised : OpenBIOS cannot advertise an hardware cursor until
it is actually implemented.

One more thing.

After NetBSD and TCX acceleration, I tried NextSTEP, which needs the
patches marked + above.
Alas, this is not enough to make it run.
Maybe it is because QEMU SCSI disk and ESP emulation are too fast.

Olivier