[OpenBIOS] next-property

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 21:50:45 CET 2014

On 04/01/14 20:31, Olivier Danet wrote:

> I have tried your CG3 branch.
>
> NetBSD 6 can start and the console driver successfully detects a CG3.
> (The next-property, keyboard and esp.c patches are still necessary...)
>
> The 'small' problem is that there is no X CG3 driver installed ! Available
> drivers are CG14, LEO, CG6, FFB (creator 3D) and TCX.
> Both CG3 and TCX were removed from latest Xorg distribution (7.7), I guess
> TCX is still in NetBSD because they forked it themselves.
>
> The CG3 driver works with NetBSD 5.1 though.

Hmmmm okay. Out of all Sun framebuffers, the CG6 seems to be the most
supported but getting documentation appears to be impossible (and from
memory it was marked as "missing" on Sun's documentation site before it
disappeared from Oracle). Hence the choice of CG3 which is a plain
framebuffer with no hardware acceleration.

It seems like someone has a copy though:
http://my.opera.com/Macallan/blog/2013/02/07/better-late-than-never. I
wonder if they'd be willing to share at all?