[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-ppc] Running client with MMU off

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Tue Aug 5 12:35:24 CEST 2014

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 28/07/14 14:38, Alexander Graf wrote:
>
>>> Also what about my OpenBIOS patches that are not yet merged? Will
>>> someone get to that eventually?
>>
>> Mark, would you like to pick them up? My patch apply workflow for
>> OpenBIOS is ... suboptimal ;).
>
> Well I've finally had confirmation from Stefan that the libpayload license is
> compatible with OpenBIOS so I'm okay for the USB driver to go in if you are?
> Does it require any simultaneous changes to QEMU in order for things not to
> break?

I don't know about any needed changes to QEMU. All my QEMU patches are in
the latest release already and I have only one further patch to use USB
keyboard in mac99 after the driver is taken in OpenBIOS and reaches QEMU
(until then it should still work with ADB on 32bit version and 64bit
already uses USB).

There are some more pending patches for OpenBIOS though. After handling
the USB driver can you look at those too please? These are:

http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2014-June/008448.html
(This depends on PCI_COMMAND_BUS_MASTER added by the USB driver.)

http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2014-June/008428.html

http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2014-June/008427.html
or
http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2014-June/008369.html