[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X on QEMU

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Wed Jul 10 06:10:42 CEST 2013

On 2013-Jul-9 23:36 , Programmingkid wrote:
> I don't think so. The command key is equal to 0x37. The windows key is equal to 0x5B. This is my source:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx

Err, no.

USB keyboards generate standard codes for keypresses, regardless of
whether they are labeled "windows" or "command" (or "meta"). It's a
major pain in the ass that vendors sell keyboards with completely
different markings and absolutely no difference in the codes they
generate. Sun keyboards produced a byte saying what markings were on the
keyboard so we could set up the right tables, but standard USB keyboards
don't. So we have to ask - one of the few conventions is that the
numbers 0-9 are fixed, so we can at least ask for a number to be typed.

In any case, about the Command/Windows/Meta key:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_key#On_other_keyboards

"On a keyboard made with MS Windows logo, the Windows key is mapped to
act as the Command key"