[OpenBIOS] Mac OS X on QEMU

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 17:19:03 CEST 2013

On Jul 4, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

> On 2013-Jul-4 10:40 , Programmingkid wrote:
>> What I propose is adding a menu item to QEMU's menu called "Map Command key to ALT". This would allow a user to be able to send Macintosh applications command key shortcuts from both a PC and Mac keyboard.
>
> I think "Alt" is the wrong key for that - you should be using the "Windows" key. "Alt" has its own meaning under MacOS which you don't want to lose.

Nothing would be lost. My plan would allow the user to decide how the ALT key should be used. It would be easily switchable at runtime. It would be as easy as selecting a menu item.

Remember that the Windows key isn't on every keyboard. But I am not against using that key if the user want to use it.