[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:08:51 CET 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:00 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> On 27/01/13 01:45, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
>
>>> From wikipedia:
>> "All Macs prior to the iMac, the iBook, the Blue and White Power Mac G3
>> and the Bronze Keyboard PowerBook G3 use Old World ROM, while the iMac,
>> iBook, Blue and White G3, and Bronze Keyboard PowerBook G3, as well as
>> all subsequent models until the introduction of the Intel-based EFI
>> Models are New World ROM machines."
>
> Hmmmm so in that case the QEMU device model isn't quite right - interesting.

It looks like the Beige G3 didn't even come with Open Firmware. I personally think this Macintosh model is more trouble than it is worth. It can only support up to Mac OS 10.2.

My suggestion is to start emulating a newer Macintosh. I propose the G3 iMac. It can support both the classic Mac OS and OS X. It also did come with Open Firmware and more people are likely have one given the fast of how popular they were in the day.