[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Amadeusz Sławiński amade at asmblr.net
Sun Jan 27 02:45:05 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 06:02:10PM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 25/01/13 19:31, Blue Swirl wrote:
>
> > PenguinPPC used to have them online, but not anymore. Wayback Machine
> > still remembers:
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20090107130842/http://penguinppc.org/historical/dev-trees-html/g3_beige_266.html
> >
> > Other trees are also there:
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20081120133742/http://penguinppc.org/historical/dev-trees-html/
>
> That's very useful. I'm tempted to archive these and put them somewhere
> on the wiki, as once these are gone it's going to be hard to find them
> again.
>
> Also - I notice in the link above that g3_beige_266 doesn't have a
> CMD646 controller? The g3_bw does though.

The ones having AAPL,ROM are oldworld machines having firmware with
version less than 3.

>From wikipedia:
"All Macs prior to the iMac, the iBook, the Blue and White Power Mac G3
and the Bronze Keyboard PowerBook G3 use Old World ROM, while the iMac,
iBook, Blue and White G3, and Bronze Keyboard PowerBook G3, as well as
all subsequent models until the introduction of the Intel-based EFI
Models are New World ROM machines."

Amadeusz