[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Artyom Tarasenko atar4qemu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 23:14:19 CET 2013

Hi Mark,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> wrote:
> On 25/01/13 20:54, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>
>>> Thanks for doing this. So I've had a play with PearPC and I can make the
>>> CMD646ATA fail during its start method similar to the way that QEMU does
>>> by
>>> commenting out the IDE interface IRQ entry from the "interrupt-map"
>>> property. This seems to support my theory that the problem is related to
>>> interrupt mapping.
>>

>> Looks very similar to sparc64/sun4u problems I struggled ~ a half a year
>> ago.
>

> Great - thanks for the insight!

Sorry for being unspecific. I've meant this discussions:

http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2012-April/006781.html
http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2012-April/006783.html

> Aside from ProgrammingKid's comments, AFAICT from my test images here the
> Linux CMD64x driver appears to be working okay - at least the driver loads
> and manages to probe the CDROM correctly.

At least something. I haven't looked into the qemu-ppc implementation of cmd646,
does it support DMA? (qemu-sparc64 doesn't ant that's the reason why
Linux cmd646 driver fails).

Artyom

--
Regards,