[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 19:27:45 CET 2013

On 25/01/13 21:50, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

> A comment in FreeBSD ofw_pcibus.c says:
>
> /*
> * Any AAPL,interrupts property gets priority and is
> * fully specified (i.e. does not need routing)
> */
>
> https://github.com/oza/FreeBSD-8.0-dyntick/blob/master/sys/powerpc/ofw/ofw_pcibus.c#L303
>
> Could it be that multiple entries in the AAPL,interrupts properties
> mean that the corresponding device has multiple interrupt lines?

Interesting. My last thought was that if you are behind a PCI bridge
then the first interrupt line may be that of the bridge device?

I've also noticed that the mac-io IDE driver also fails in its start
method, so I'm wondering if this something more generic related to the
IDE layer which isn't quite right in OpenBIOS?

I might try and see if I can install some kind of XCOFF gdb and take a
look to see if I can work out from stepping through the function exactly
which part is failing.