[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Artyom Tarasenko atar4qemu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:54:16 CET 2013

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Thanks! I think perhaps a tarball of /proc/device-tree from Linux is
>>> what I need? There may be a utility to dump the tree from OS X too,
>>> but I'm not exactly sure what it is.
>>

>> My OS is 9 (I think), I only use it for transferring control to Linux.
>> You have off-list mail created as below, note error messages of the type
>> indicated:
>>
>> 0 2>root at pye-dev-05:/# tar -czf proc_device-tree.tar.gz /proc/device-tree
>> tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
>> tar: /proc/device-tree/perch: file changed as we read it
>> ..
>>
>> Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
>

> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for doing this. So I've had a play with PearPC and I can make the
> CMD646ATA fail during its start method similar to the way that QEMU does by
> commenting out the IDE interface IRQ entry from the "interrupt-map"
> property. This seems to support my theory that the problem is related to
> interrupt mapping.

Looks very similar to sparc64/sun4u problems I struggled ~ a half a year ago.

> Now AIUI g3beige is an "Old World" Mac and so the interrupt information
> should be held in the "AAPL,interrupts" property. I've verified that both
> QEMU and OpenBIOS calculate the irq_line in the same way (based upon device
> id), however I do see that some of the "AAPL,interrupts" values contain more
> than one integer. I wonder what this is supposed to represent?

Could it be that the irq line is wired to the interrupt controller not
as a PCI irq line? Similarly to the sun4u machines?
Have you looked in the Linux/PPC  cmd646 driver for the insights?

Artyom

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko