[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Amadeusz Sławiński amade at asmblr.net
Thu Jan 24 01:27:51 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:02:07AM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having spent a bit of time over the past week getting a bit further with
> booting the Darwin kernel, I'm now at the point where I can see that the
> reason the boot fails is because the CMD646ATA::start() method is
> failing in the driver here:
>
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/CMD646ATA/CMD646ATA-1.0.6f1/CMD646ATA.cpp
>
> I suspect it's a strange interaction between the CMD646ATA and
> CMD646Root drivers, but I was wondering if anyone had a complete
> OpenFirmware tree output from a real G3 Beige machine so I can compare
> the various properties between the real device tree and the QEMU device
> tree? Google appears to be struggling with this one.

Not sure if it will be of any help, but I stumbled upon this one:
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/PowerBook/openfirmware-device-tree
it's g4 powerbook

you probably need to boot it like:
qemu-system-ppc -bios openbios-qemu.elf -drive file=cd.img,media=cdrom,index=1,if=ide -g 800x600x32 -m 512 -boot order=d -prom-env "auto-boot?=false"

if you check
dev /aliases .properties
there should be ide1 which will be similar to
cd                      /pci at f2000000/mac-io at 17/ata-3 at 20000/disk at 0
from powerbook tree

boot ide1:,\\:tbxi
there won't be one of failures related to ata-3 in debug output, however
it still seems to stop in almost the same way

Amadeusz