[OpenBIOS] About the Apple_Bootstrap patch

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 22:03:07 CET 2013

On 13/01/13 20:21, Programmingkid wrote:

> I just wanted to note that I see this error message when loading my Debian cd image:
> WARNING: Bootstrap partition type is wrong: "Apple_HFS" type should be: "Apple_Bootstrap".

It looks as if this is a side-effect of r1089 - bootpath now has a
parseable partition id which causes yaboot to check the partition type
and emit a warning.

This may be a valid warning because the only data partition on the CD
image is an Apple_HFS one (I see the same warning on my HelenOS image
here). I don't see the same issue with Fedora, but then again it looks
like it can be easily disabled.

Do you see the warning on a real Mac with a real CD?