[OpenBIOS] testing Max OS X boot on latest trunk (revision 1085) + divide by zero patch

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 18:15:33 CET 2013

On 12/01/13 16:05, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:

> I used the latest proposed divide by zero patch
>
> So it seems like it is almost there.

:)

> Seems like it still can't load kernel when run with boot cd:,\\:tbxi
> Mac OS X 10.0
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-155737_1366x768_scrot.png
>
> Mac OS X 10.2
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-155642_1366x768_scrot.png
>
> Mac OS X 10.4
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-155935_1366x768_scrot.png
>

> However when I specify partition to use it loads:
> Mac OS X 10.0 (boot cd:9,\\:tbxi)
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-163133_1366x768_scrot.png
>
> Mac OS X 10.2 (boot cd:9,\\:tbxi)
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-163300_1366x768_scrot.png
>
> Mac OS X 10.4 (boot cd:3,\\:tbxi)
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-163419_1366x768_scrot.png

I have a patch for this, but it's based upon a refactored version of the
partition parsing code which I haven't applied yet. Basically the fix is
that if you're autochoosing a partition to boot from, make sure you
explicitly add the found partition found into the bootpath property.
Otherwise BootX falls back to its default behaviour which is to scan the
first 3 partitions on the device.

> There is also another patch which I think I forgot to mention but it
> makes kernel boot further on older versions:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-08/msg01418.html
> it fakes frequencies of some hardware
>
> Mac OS X 10.0
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-164304_1366x768_scrot.png
>
> Mac OS X 10.2
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-164529_1366x768_scrot.png
>
> Mac OS X 10.4 (looks same as without)
> http://asmblr.net/scrot/2013-01-12-164738_1366x768_scrot.png

Ooooh I missed that one. Given that the values should be passed from
QEMU then perhaps the values in hardware definitions held within QEMU
are incorrect. Alex?