[OpenBIOS] [RFC 3/3] SPARC32/64: Mimic Sun's OBP behaviour if a divide by zero occurs.

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 18:04:13 CET 2013

On 07/01/13 16:47, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

Hi Artyom,

Happy New Year!

>> As reported by Artyom Tarasenko, if anything is divided by zero then we should
>> return no value:
>>
>> 0>  4 2 / u. 2  ok
>> 0>  2 0 /  ok
>
> NAK. Either my memory is cheating on me or there is some other Artyom
> Tarasenko who reported it. OBP produces an exception in case of
> division by zero.

Here is the post I referenced sent by your imposter:
http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2011-August/006626.html.

Also as noted in the first patch's commit message, most of the OpenBIOS
platforms can't call Forth from a trap :( SPARC64 is the only exception
here as I had to write something to enable va>tte-data to be called from
an MMU trap, but that was just one platform and took me in the order of
months. Hence why the patch takes the approach it does :/

> (This time adding you to cc, since the mailing list bounces my mails
> saying my emai is graylisted - whatever it means).

Graylisting means that the first email from your domain (@gmail.com) in
every period (say 24 hours) is temporarily delayed to prevent spam
overload :)