[OpenBIOS] PPC: QEMU breaks static variables in OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 22:47:13 CET 2013

On 05/01/13 21:23, Alexander Graf wrote:

>> I thought about that, but figured that because it was a hot-path I'd do it inline to save some cycles invoking another function. Since it uses the same OF_* constants as those functions then it should just work.
>
> If the calculation function was provided through a static inline function in a header, this'd be a no-issue.
>
> Alex

va2pa() looks like a good candidate for this, however it isn't marked as
static inline because it's called from ofmem_common.c in libopenbios.

Then again I'm not sure this is important as I've heard in several
places that most optimising compilers ignore the inline keyword, and
will just inline whatever they think will run fastest based upon the
current optimisation level.

Anyway let me know which way you'd prefer.