[OpenBIOS] Can init-program cause code to run?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 12:06:41 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've recently seen a couple of test cases in SPARC64 Forth bootloaders
whereby during execution, the bootloaders call "init-program" on an
address and expect it to start executing immediately.

My understanding from reading the IEEE1275 specification is that
"init-program" merely sets up the execution state ready for it to be
invoked by "go" and doesn't start execution itself - or could it be that
because "go" is currently running then "init-program" detects this and
automatically re-invokes "go" on the new payload itself?