[OpenBIOS] Qemu, OpenBIOS, and HostID

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Sun Dec 29 05:52:49 CET 2013

> Okay that's something that's fairly easy to do. My main questions would be:
>
> i) if nothing looks at hostid, then would it matter that it is all zeros?

There are a few things that do - software licenses, for example.  FlexLM/FlexNet, in particular, on Solaris, use the Host ID value and not the MAC address (which is used on almost every other platform).

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Confidential and Proprietary Information.  If this message is not intended for you, you are strictly prohibited from using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please delete the message from your mailbox.  This e-mail may contain export-controlled material and should be handled accordingly.