[OpenBIOS] Probably a dumb question - Intel MB DG45ID

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Sat Dec 28 03:41:11 CET 2013

People,

I have been on this list for some time lurking - just because I think it
is interesting that a bit of firmware can allow hardware to be actually
useful!  I haven't done more than read the occasional post that was of
interest but the thought occurred to me again about replacing the BIOS
that is on my current machine with something that is open so I went back
to the OpenBIOS home page but was a bit puzzled to see on the Download
page: "Do not try to put OpenBIOS in a real boot ROM, it will not work
and may damage your hardware!".  After a little more looking around I am
still confused - the ultimate aim of this software is to eventually
allow people to replace their proprietary BIOSes right?  I have an Intel
MB DG45ID but I couldn't Google much overlap with OpenBIOS . .

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Regards,

Phil.
--