[OpenBIOS] Booting SunOS from OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 12:40:00 CEST 2013

On 07/04/13 21:10, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>> Artyom - can you confirm whether reducing MEMORY_SIZE to 128K is enough for
>> kadb to work in your SunOS image? If that works, I'll create another patch
>> series for you to test.
>
> You mean, instead of modifying ofmem_arch_get_virt_top, right?
> Yes, this seems to be enough, kadb starts.

Actually both are needed as I discovered that the virtual memory
allocator starts at the top of the Forth machine RAM and works down, so
at some point it would end up clobbering some Forth internals :/

Can you try the revised patchset I'm about to post on top of SVN trunk and
http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2013-April/007572.html
and confirm that your kadb still loads? This works for me on my current
SPARC32 test suite of Linux, Solaris 8 and NetBSD.

Many thanks,