[OpenBIOS] Booting SunOS from OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Apr 5 11:25:23 CEST 2013

On 05/04/13 08:35, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>> Actually there is another option - does the previous allocation before this
>> one that returns 0xffc67000 as the virtual address? In that case it could
>> indicate that va=0x0 doesn't have a special meaning after all.
>>
>> Is it possible for you to post the complete log output from an unpatched
>> OpenBIOS for us to look at so we can see the complete pattern of
>> allocations?
>
> The with the unpatched one it dies pretty early, right after claiming va=0x0.
> See the the attachment.

Got it. Hmmm definitely a special behaviour when va == NULL seems to be
the more likely explanation for the moment. Let me know if anything
changes with my latest patch.

Otherwise I think you'd have to disassemble the boot loader a bit to see
where the va = NULL is coming from. If it's a constant 0x0 then that
would definitely confirm that the value has a special behaviour.