[OpenBIOS] Viewing files on HFS volume

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 20:53:18 CEST 2012

On 11/09/12 14:49, Programmingkid wrote:

> Here is the test image you requested. It is a CD image I created in Disk
> Utility. I couldn't make a HFS volume, so I had to settle with an HFS+
> volume. I did test it out and QEMU gave me the same error I saw with an
> Apple supplied CD.
>
> Thanks for helping.

I took a look at this, and initially it was fairly easy to see why the
dir command doesn't work for HFS+ disks:

0 > dir cd:2,\ dir method not implemented for HFS+ filesystem
  ok

And this is reflected obviously in the code here:

static void
hfsp_files_dir( hfsp_info_t *dummy )
{
     forth_printf("dir method not implemented for HFS+ filesystem\n");
     POP();
     POP();
     POP();
}

Now writing an implementation of dir for HFS+ doesn't look too
difficult, however in the code I've quickly put together libhfsp is
looking in totally the wrong part of the disk for the backup block even
though the disk extents look sensible. Will continue digging.