[OpenBIOS] PowerPC MMU translations property

Andreas Tobler andreast at fgznet.ch
Sun Sep 9 20:28:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the 'translations' entry (/cpus/PowerPC,G4
for example) for PPC is created. Or is it taken from a template?

When I use qemu and enter into OF I see translations only up to
80000000-800eb000. When I compare with a real PowerBook G4 I see some
more above 800eb000, for example one which I'm looking for in OpenBIOS
for the OF mapping:

0xff8000000-0xffc00000 -> 0x3fc00000-0x40000000

This mapping describes the OF code mapping/translation of this
particular PowerBook.

In the code I was not able to understand the mechanics, so a hint on how
to read would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andreas