[OpenBIOS] About HFS+ support

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:37:42 CEST 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 8:00 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> 	kPartitionCanChainToNext     = 0x00000400,
> };
>
> This would in itself suggest that kPartitionAUXIsBootValid or kPartitionIsStartup would be good indicators of which partition to choose. Unfortunately I don't have any PPC OS X images or much Apple experience, so guesswork is all I have at the moment.

I figured out a way for you to work with a bootable PowerPC CD image for free. You can download a PowerPC Linux install image. That would have the same partitions an Apple CD would have.

CD image: http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.6/powerpc/iso-cd/
The first image should be good enough.

Use this command to see the partition information: pdisk <path to image file> -dump.

Good luck