[OpenBIOS] Adding to the device tree

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Fri Nov 2 01:05:58 CET 2012

On 2012-Nov-1 18:56 , Programmingkid wrote:
> How would I add a device to the device tree, and be able to open that device using open-dev? I am trying to add "/pseudo-hid/keyboard" to the device tree. I need to test out a new keyboard word that I am adding.

Assuming "/pseudo-hid" already exists and is openable, it would be
something like:

ok select /pseudo-hid
ok new-device
ok 0 0 0 0 set-args \ This assumes that encode-unit and decode-unit in
psuedo-hid don't expect a unit address
ok " keyboard" name
ok : open true ;
ok finish-device

That should be the absolute minimum for where you can then do a "select"
of /pseudo-hid/keyboard

For putting in the sources later on, it gets more complicated, but for
debug, the above should work.