[OpenBIOS] adding eepom node to sparc64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon May 21 00:23:38 CEST 2012

On 19/05/12 18:21, Blue Swirl wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Artyom Tarasenko<atar4qemu at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Both Linux and MilaX complain about the missing eeprom / rtc-m48t59 node.
>> Since QEMU actually has this device I tried to add it, but not sure
>> where is it located.

Oooh this will be interesting as Milax currently fails when it fails to
detect this device - fixing it should get Solaris to boot further. This
has also been on my list for a while, but so much to do, not enough time...

>> In sun4u.c it's initialized like this:
>>
>> nvram = m48t59_init_isa(isa_bus, 0x0074, NVRAM_SIZE, 59);
>>
>> Is 0x74 the offset to the ISA bus? Then it's wired not as on Ultra-5:
>>
>>                 Node 0xf00662d8
>>                     address:  fffba000
>>                     reg:  00000014.00000000.00002000
>>                     model:  'mk48t59'
>>                     name:  'eeprom'
>>
>> Here it looks like it had to be aligned to a beginning of a page,
>> which makes sense because of the large size...
>> So, where QEMU's 0x74 are coming from?
>
> It's the I/O port used by PPC. Looking at the reg, it should be using
> MMIO at address 0 instead.

FWIW I've just had a discussion on qemu-devel and the outcome was that
the <device>_init() functions are generally just shortcuts to the most
common "wiring" of the peripherals into a machine. So I suspect you'll
need to copy the _init() function as sun4_m48t59_init() and customise as
required.

HTH,