[OpenBIOS] Compiling Openbios with Sparc cross compiler [Solved]

P. Wilhelm bearcat.pilot at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:59:34 CEST 2012

Ok. I finally got things running.

To get OpenBIOS to compile, I had to go back to an older Linux system. I
installed Ubuntu Lucid (10.04). This has gcc-4.4.3 for the host compiler.

I was able to get OpenBIOS to compile with gcc-4.7.0 for sparc-elf, but
it just hangs with no text output to the terminal. I downgraded to
gcc-4.6.3 and things work great again.

By the way, the openbios-sparc32 that is part of the git HEAD for qemu
does not work for me either (same hang as noted above). I suspect some
kind of library clash.

Thanks for your help along the way!

Respectfully,
Paul.