[OpenBIOS] Compiling Openbios with Sparc cross compiler

P. Wilhelm bearcat.pilot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:48:12 CEST 2012

I've tried to set up a new machine to compile Openbios for Sparc32. The
machine is x86. OS is Arch Linux. I got all tools from the Arch packages
except binutils (2.22) and gcc (4.7.0) source.

I used configuration parameters for sparc-elf-gcc as given by Blue last
year on this group. But, I keep running into a compile error for the
bootstrap that says that __u32 is not defined (also __u64).

Web searches point to a similar issue about a year ago with ppc, but
nothing recent or related to Sparc32. Any pointers to what I might be
doing wrong are appreciated.

The x86 gcc is the generic Arch gcc that comes with the base system.

Respectfully,
Paul W.