[OpenBIOS] SPARC64 device tree model - SBUS or PCI?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 22:52:02 CET 2012

On 26/02/12 19:16, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

>> Here's prtconf output from my PCI-based SunFire V480:
>>
>> # prtconf [...]
>
> That gives you the Solaris view on the device tree, which is somewhat
> different. A prtconf -pv gives the openboot view:
>

> % prtconf -pv
> System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u
> Memory size: 2048 Megabytes
> System Peripherals (PROM Nodes):

(cut)

Thanks Tarl, that was the output I was looking for. Andreas - sorry if I
wasn't specific enough on this, I guess I'm not that familiar with these
tools yet :/

Hmmm so it looks like the serial port is connected via ebus on a
PCI-based SPARC system. I've so far managed to cross-compile myself a
-O0 -g 2.6.32 Linux SPARC64 kernel so I can step things through to try
and figure out why the kernel can't seem to write to the console when
switching away from CIF to accessing the serial port directly...