[OpenBIOS] testing Max OS X boot on latest trunk (revision 1080)

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Dec 24 13:49:47 CET 2012

On 23/12/12 04:46, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

> That would be incorrect, by all standards. Indeed, Solaris uses divide
> by zero as a fatal error indicator during the boot process, knowing it
> will trap.

Hi Tarl,

Incidentally when this discussion came up before, I remember there was
some discussion on how this was handled in Sun's implementation, but I
can't remember what the outcome was.

What is the result of typing "2 0 /" into the OpenBoot Forth
interpreter? Does it call invoke a low level trap handler, throw a Forth
exception, or is the zero denominator detected in some other fashion?