[OpenBIOS] static and global variable problem

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:16:26 CET 2012

I was doing some debugging of an issue with the hash_page_32() function in the file ofmem.c, when I noticed a very odd problem. The static variable next_grab_slot never changes value. I tried declaring it as a global variable and its value still never changes. I used gdb to monitor its value. Local variables work just fine. Any body know a way to fix this problem? My guess is this is a gcc problem. What is your theory?