[OpenBIOS] [Qemu-ppc] FreeBSD powerpc issue

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 19:37:01 CEST 2012

On 25/08/12 18:01, Andreas Tobler wrote:

>> SRR0 is the fault IP. So if the fault at hand is an instruction fetch
>> fault, yes, that would be the address at fault. If it's a data fault
>> you would have to check DAR for the address it faults in.
>>
>> It might also help to boot the guest with -d in_asm,cpu,int and check
>> out /tmp/qemu.log afterwards. Search for the IP that faulted and see
>> why exactly it did.
>
> Whoa!!! The first try I ended after the log grew over 5GB :)
>
> The next step was enabling the logging at a position where I knew it is
> going to happen soon.
>
> Below the excerpt from the qemu.log.
>
> Now the big question for me, what does this exactly say?
>
> Thanks for your hints, really appreciated!
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Do you get any output with just OpenBIOS built with DEBUG_CIF enabled in
libopenbios/client.c? According to my email here, one of the things I
found a while back was that the dma-alloc method wasn't defined in
OpenBIOS for PPC when trying to boot (see the OpenBIOS archives for more
information).

HTH,