[OpenBIOS] OT: Brooktree IC used in cg3 graphics framebuffer?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 18:09:13 CEST 2012

On 11/04/12 20:48, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> The Xsun sources we released via opensolaris.org have the licenses listed in the
> source files.   Everything there should be MIT/X11 licensed, or a close
> equivalent such as BSD - certainly everything under Sun copyright was released
> under the MIT/X11 license, other sources mostly came from upstream X Consortium
> releases.
>
> The cg3 driver wasn't present in the sources this release came from, since I
> released the last Xsun sources from the Solaris Nevada development train, many
> years after cg3 support was removed from Solaris.
>
> 	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
> 	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - http://blogs.oracle.com/alanc

In terms of trying to implement a cg6 buffer emulator for QEMU, would
there be a problem with just studying the code to determine the
behaviour of the hardware blitter? I expect it would be extremely
unlikely that any direct code copying would take place with the
exception of a few defined constants for programming the hardware.