[OpenBIOS] OT: Brooktree IC used in cg3 graphics framebuffer?

Nathan Kunkee nkunkee42 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:53:28 CEST 2012

Hi Bob,

I found the email where Alan announced this, but don't see a license off hand. I think it was a BSD-like don't-take-credit-don't-point-fingers-use-at-own-risk but don't see anything. Hopefully Alan isn't too sideswiped by this and can chime in.
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/xwin-discuss/2010-July/004624.html

As I recall with the announcement, one of the restrictions on releasing the source was that only the cg6 driver would be provided, since it was already part of the vendor SDK.

Nathan