[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone? Solaris 9 04/04

Nathan Kunkee nkunkee42 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 04:16:37 CEST 2011

  On 06/15/11 01:48 PM, Blue Swirl wrote:
> [...snip...]
> Shouldn't be very difficult. Since on Sparc32 it's not possible to
> give ASI in a register, a switch or hand assembly would be needed.

I've had occasion to rebuild both openbios and QEMU-0.15 on my new
machine :-), and can now follow up on this: the additions for the MMU
breakpoint action register that Bob talked about have not made a
difference for where my boot stalls. For an added bonus, I turned on the
DEBUG_ASI in QEMU and so have more information about where it is
looping. When I try and boot now, I get the following in an infinite loop:

ASI: read  00000400 asi 0x04 = f5901000
ASI: read  00000300 asi 0x04 = 000003a6
ASI: read  f5901400 asi 0x03 = 00000000
ASI: read  00000300 asi 0x04 = 00000000
ASI: read  00000400 asi 0x04 = f5901000
ASI: read  00000300 asi 0x04 = 000003a6
ASI: read  f5901400 asi 0x03 = 00000000
ASI: read  00000300 asi 0x04 = 00000000
ASI: read  00000400 asi 0x04 = f5901000

I don't know enough about SPARC32 architecture to know if that gives
more useful information... I don't see the 0x4c value in my log file. I
tried turning on DEBUG_MMU, but stopped when my log file hit 4GB and I
hadn't hit the stopping point yet.

Any ideas for other things to try or set for more debugging?

Nathan