[OpenBIOS] How to check if it's a PReP partition

Paulo Flabiano Smorigo pfsmorigo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 20 21:05:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

How can I know if a partition is securely a PReP partition? Besides
check the partition type (41), is there another test that I can do to
confirm that?

At the page bellow are two other codes used for the same code of PReP (41):

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/partitions/partition_types-1.html

41 Linux/MINIX (sharing disk with DRDOS)
41 Personal RISC Boot
41 PPC PReP (Power PC Reference Platform) Boot

What kind of checks can I do? Can I use the partition size or if it's
the first of the disk as parameters to check it?

Thanks,

Paulo Flabiano Smorigo
Linux Technology Center Brazil Software Engineer
IBM Systems & Technology Group