[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?

Brian Vandenberg phantall at gmail.com
Fri May 13 23:26:16 CEST 2011

> > Wouldn't it be easier to simply boot the Solaris 9 under qemu, copy the
> > user-mode application into the environment and run it under that Solaris
> 9?
>
> Maybe, but it would be nice to be able to run applications seamlessly
> in the host environment. With user emulator, for example host file
> system would be available to the emulated executable just like to a
> native one.

Exactly.  In our case, the user-mode app we're working with makes use of the
host's shared memory to simulate shared memory between multiple embedded
devices.  I'm not averse to re-writing that to use ethernet instead of the
host's shared memory, but it'd be one less thing to re-write for this phase
of our conversion.

Sorry about the cross-post.  It honestly didn't occur to me that I was
posting the question to the wrong list.

-Brian