[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?

Brian Vandenberg phantall at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:01:30 CEST 2011

>>   For some reason, the boot prompt's help system doesn't work correctly
>>
>> with openbios, but it does with ss5.bin.
>>
>>   Lastly, it looks like qcow2 doesn't work (at least with solaris 8).
>>  I tried with both bios'.

> That's interesting, since the guest should have no knowledge of the
> underlying storage mechanism being using in the host. Can you
> point to any more specific error messages (again, back on the list)
> to help people work out what is happening?

I re-tested a bit ago and I'm not running into issues with qcow2 now.
Must've been a fluke on my part.

I /am/ having trouble getting solaris to install on a custom partition
scheme, or getting it to boot from the mini-root it copies to the swap
partition ... but hopefully I'll be able to work my way through those
issues.

-Brian