[OpenBIOS] Getting Closer With Booting AIX? I Would Like to Help Please.

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sun May 1 19:11:41 CEST 2011

Am 25.04.2011 um 07:32 schrieb Kenneth Salerno:

> Hello, I would like to help debug booting AIX with qemu-system-ppc.
> Here is what I have so far, please let me know what further
> information I should provide to aid in pinpointing where the
> following hang occurs:

> Booting AIX in QEMU+OpenBIOS (CPU type PowerPC,750)

>                                 Welcome to AIX.
>                        boot image timestamp: 00:39 35/2D
>                  The current time and date: 01:10:58 04/25/2011
>         processor count: 1;  memory size: 2047MB;  kernel size:
> 2293829
>                     boot device: cd:\ppc\chrp\bootfile.exe
> [hangs here...]

After some QEMU patching I'm able to confirm this.
QEMU hangs a lot on my Darwin/ppc64 host though, not just here. My
Haiku/i386 guest keeps hanging for multiple seconds.

It appears there's some QEMU regression, introduced within the last
four weeks. Any help bisecting/fixing would be appreciated.

Andreas