[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?

Bob Breuer breuerr at mc.net
Sat Jun 25 18:10:34 CEST 2011

Robert Reif wrote:
> The Breakpoint ACTION Register ASI=0x4c is 64 bits wide but only 13 bits
> are used.  The remainder are ignored on write and read as 0.
>
> See page 15-11 of the SuperSPARC and MultiCache Controller User's Manual.
>
> This manual was available on the sun website prior to the Oracle buy
> out.  I have a paper copy and I may still have the PDF if someone really
> need it.

Okay and it's also documented as 64 bits in the SuperSPARC II Addendum
page A-45 (google for STP1021UG) with a similar 13 valid bits.

Still doesn't mean that we need to carry around about 50 bits of zeros
just to match the documentation, when zero extending from a lower
precision number will give the same result.  In QEMU, the value will be
correctly zero-extended, so it doesn't matter what is used internally.

Bob