[OpenBIOS] need help building sparc32 crosstool

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 20 13:46:24 CEST 2011

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 18/06/11 04:28, Robert Reif wrote:
>
>> It's been a few years since I did any qemu and openbios hacking
>> and I want to give it another try. I'm using ubuntu 10.10 on a PC
>> but my last development work was on redhat 9 so things have changed.
>
> Great news! Are you interested at looking at some of the outstanding
> Solaris issues at all?
I am interested in getting more of SuperSPARC working.  The problem is
most of the interesting stuff in the CPU is accessed using memory addresses
rather than ASIs by OBP and even bds knows about some of the addresses.
I had exposed both MBus and XBus functionality so Sun4D development is
possible.

I believe I posted my SuperSPARC work a few years ago for someone to pick
up but no one did so I'm considering picking it up myself again.

I have a lot of real hardware.  I have at least one of every Sun4M machine
(I only have 1 java station) so I can compare QEMU/OpenBios to real
hardware.