[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 23:43:23 CEST 2011

On 06/06/11 20:42, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Hmmm it looks from reading the source code that QEMU doesn't actually
> implement a proper audio device for SS-5 at all but merely provides a
> dummy device with an empty mapped region. In that case it may be
> possible to provide a simple mapping in OpenBIOS to match the one in
> QEMU which may be enough to persuade Solaris to boot.

Okay - I've installed a simple memory mapping to a virtual address which
is not used, and also tweaked the "intr" property which looked wrong
compared to the sample prtconf output (0x5 instead of 0x39 high cell).

Does the OpenBIOS ROM at
http://www.siriusit.co.uk/tmp/openbios-sparc32.emptysndmap help get you
any further with Solaris 9?