[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS PowerPC missing open firmware commands

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Tue Jul 19 23:06:09 CEST 2011

On 2011-Jul-19 10:12 , Alexander von Gluck wrote:

>> The following OpenFirmware commands aren't implemented:
>>
>> erase-screen
>> toggle-cursor
>
> It does seem like these are implemented after looking at the sources.
> However we receive the following error when they are used:
>
> undefined defer word toggle-cursor
> undefined defer word erase-screen

That usually means your Video driver didn't initialize them. The words
are defined as "defer" words, so they don't point to anything useful
until a display driver comes by and initializes them. This allows one
piece of code to be generic and callable from the ok prompt, while to
unsightly innards are buried in the specific video driver that this
system has loaded.

It sounds like your display driver didn't initialize them.