[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS PowerPC missing open firmware commands

Alexander von Gluck kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Tue Jul 19 16:12:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:39:00 -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
> Just a few things I noticed while hacking away at Haiku on PowerPC:
>
> The following OpenFirmware commands aren't implemented:
>
> erase-screen
> toggle-cursor

It does seem like these are implemented after looking at the sources.
However we receive the following error when they are used:

undefined defer word toggle-cursor
undefined defer word erase-screen

Here is the example usage:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/system/boot/platform/openfirmware/console.cpp#L214
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/system/boot/platform/openfirmware/console.cpp#L241

(this all works 100% on real hardware)

> The following paths are missing essential information:
>
> cpu node -> clock-frequency
> cpu node -> timebase-frequency
> cpu node -> bus-frequency
>

> Example:
>
> cd /
> cd cpus
> cd PowerPC,750 at 0
> .properties

I was a little off in this, the only one *really* missing is the
bus-frequency.
We can work around the 0 values.

I threw together a patch at the url below to make OpenBIOS a little
more
OpenFirmware like under qemu:

http://pastebin.com/CkdeEFWL

I'm not sure on how to use the fw_cfg_* portions so I just set it to 0
for the
moment.

Thanks!
  -- Alex