[OpenBIOS] OpenBios Sparc64

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Mon Jul 18 09:38:45 CEST 2011

On 2011-Jul-18 03:09 , Ghitulete Razvan wrote:
>> >  Ah - on SPARCs, the video is not at a fixed address. The "display"
>> >  device tree node will tell you what the physical address is (which
>> >  varies from platform to platform) with the "reg" property, and you have
>> >  to "map-in" that physical address to a virtual address.
> Do you happen to know/have any books/papers on this aspect of the
> sparc architecture. On the oracle web site I only found the V9, and it
> doesn't mention anything about this stuff, as far as i've read.

Mostly in the IEEE 1275 specification. Look at the "reg" and
"assigned-address" properties, and the semantics of "map-in".

On SBus machines, the FCode of the SBus cards would created these
properties indicating where the PIO space of video card would be, on PCI
machines, the BARs will do this and be reflected in the "reg" and
"assigned-address" properties.