[OpenBIOS] OpenBios Sparc64

Ghitulete Razvan razvan.ghitulete at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:51:34 CEST 2011

> Hi,
>
> I think you'll need to give a bit more information as to what command
> lines you are using for QEMU, any error messages you see during
> compilation and details of how you built your cross-compilation
> environment (e.g. compiler versions etc.).
>
>M-D.

Well, I compiled openbios using the script for cross-compiling with
cross-sparc64. As far as the error messages go, during compilation
there are none whatsoever. And I'm running qemu without any arguments
for now, just plain qemu-system-sparc as i just want to see if it
works.

The cross-compiling toolchains i tried consisted of a gcc 4.1.1 and
binutils 2.16.1 and a gcc 4.4.3 and binutils 2.20. I switched to 4.4.3
and 2.20 as for the 4.1.1 i modified several binutils source-files to
be able to compile it, so i figured this might have something to do
with it.

Also, if anyone has any ideea whatsoever, could i write directly to
the video memory on a sparc, and if so at what address does the video
card mapping starts?
--
Razvan Ghitulete
Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti