[OpenBIOS] State of AIX

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 17:19:52 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber at web.de> wrote:
> Am 12.01.2011 um 19:58 schrieb Blue Swirl:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber at web.de>
>> wrote:

>>> The next open issue still is the prom_arg_t ppc64 incompatibility. The
>>> patches are in need of review, in particular I'm waiting for feedback
>>> from
>>> Blue whose suggestions I tried to pick up in v2. Those patches may then
>>> need
>>> rebasing since Mark incorporated PRI*32 additions into a sparc32 commit
>>> recently.
>>
>> Which patches? I thought I had commented on all of them.
>
> http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2010-December/006028.html
> http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2010-December/006029.html
>
> The only comment was from Mark concerning obsoleted v1.
> And since this touches a central part of OpenBIOS I don't just commit that
> without acks.
>
> I'll try to look into upstreaming all the PRI* stuff this weekend, which are
> semi-correct in SVN.

The patches do not apply anymore, but they look OK to me.

Output formatting for 64 bit types is a bit tricky with system types.
Sometimes on 64 bit machines, long is used for int64_t and so %llx
generates a warning. In other cases, long long is used and so %lx is
not correct. I think the patches are always using long long, so they
should be OK.