[OpenBIOS] State of AIX

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Tue Jan 11 22:19:34 CET 2011

Hello Shane,

Am 07.01.2011 um 23:03 schrieb Grieve, Shane:

> I have been following the AIX booting issue for a while now and was
> wondering if there is any progress. I have access to AIX hardware
> and I am happy to help test.

The next open issue still is the prom_arg_t ppc64 incompatibility. The
patches are in need of review, in particular I'm waiting for feedback
from Blue whose suggestions I tried to pick up in v2. Those patches
may then need rebasing since Mark incorporated PRI*32 additions into a
sparc32 commit recently.

The SF bit patch v3 should be irrelevant, it's low on my list and my
time a little short currently.

Once these general ppc64 issues are settled, we need to agree on how
to go about adding real support for RTAS to OpenBIOS (e.g., review the
linker script I played with) and - the more complicated part - add a
suitable CHRP machine emulation to QEMU.

Feel invited to test the available patches. Although for me it's
actually more interesting to hear if non-AIX and non-ppc guests still
work.

Regards,
Andreas