[OpenBIOS] Analysis of current Solaris 8 boot failure on SPARC32

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Mon Jan 3 22:59:46 CET 2011

Am 03.01.2011 um 16:09 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:

> Artyom: any chance you could send the output of the following in OBP?
>
> cd /
> .properties
>
> cd /memory
> .properties
>
> cd /virtual-memory
> .properties

Some of these he already posted. :)

> My suspicion is the translations property is wrong (definitely the
> virtual address part of the translation struct because it doesn't
> respect #address-cells) and also possibly the mode.

According to Tarl, the virtual address is not supposed to respect
#address-cells but to use as many (integer) cells as needed for -
hardcoded - one (stack) cell. I would thus expect the virtual address
to be 4 bytes on sparc32.

Maybe the physical address is wider than expected?

Andreas